Friday, April 6, 2007

Shout Out to Stove Top

As I went back and forth looking in my pantry then back to my refrigerator then back to the pantry I spotted a box of Stove Top Stuffing making eyes at me. I thought to myself how much I enjoy Stove Top and how I never make it (and that I need to go to the grocery store).

So feeling bad for Stove Top (and the lack of other choices) I decided that Stove Top Stuffing would be my lunch. As I stood in front of the stove waiting for my water and butter mixture to come to a boil I was trying to think back to the last time that I enjoyed stuffing and figured out that it was Thanksgiving. Over 5 months ago!

Why is it that we only eat stuffing at Thanksgiving and Christmas? Wait for it....

As I put my prepared Stove Top Stuffing into a bowl and began to try and enjoy it I figured out after my second bite why we only eat it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.... stuffing is just not the same without the turkey and gravy. Stuffing without turkey and gravy is just a bowl of bread with some fancy flavor.

Here is your survey....what kind of stuffing do you like? Homemade or Stove Top?

Personally I am a Stove Top girl, my family on the other hand are lovers of my mothers homemade stuffing (bread, celery, onion, pepper, no flavor) so when I finally hosted my own Thanksgiving dinner I was sure to make them suffer with Stove Top since I suffered with homemade stuffing for all of those years.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Funny that you choose to eat stove top (a bowl of bread as you put it) right smack dab in the middle of Passover. I don't have a preference. If making it, I choose stove top. If eating it, then whatever. I had matzoh stuffing the other day, and I'll tell you, I do choose to never eat that again...

Mandie said...

That's definitely an easy one -- Stove Top 100%! (and matzoh stuffing sounds disgusting, by the way, Shauna).

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.