Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Is Humor in the laugh of the beholder?

I tend to think that I am a pretty funny person and have a good sense of humor. I also tend to think that it is perfectly acceptable to laugh at someone when they fall so you draw your own conclusions.

So, my husband and I got into a "discussion" the other day about who was the funnier person in the relationship. We both argued our positions and cited actual funny comments or actions that we each felt confirmed our funniness and were quick to point out the lack of funniness in each others platform. Although we both had strong documented accounts neither of us were willing to back down.

The next day every time I said or did something that evoked a smile, chuckle or audible noise from his mouth I was quick to point out that I am truly the funnier person in the relationship.

So, here is the survey....Are you actually funny if you have to point out to others your funniness? or are you just pathetic?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I vote you're pathetic. Being that you have to point out when you are being funny is not the point of being funny. Although, this blog is funny, blog blog bloooooogggggggggggggggggggggg, so I guess you count this as one of your funnier moments. One evoked smile from Adam...Check!

Shauna said...

You are clearly the funnier half. Don't let Frank tell you otherwise. I laugh outloud daily simply because of the things that you say.

Mandie said...

The simple answer when Adam says he is funnier is to say, "so's your face."

Now THAT'S funny. Haha.